Clearing the path for Rapid, Equitable Scale-up of Renewable Energy
New York has made a major financial commitment to renewable energy through financial incentives for developers, upgrading the electric grid and other major investments. Forty percent of state investments are dedicated to the communities that have been most impacted by environmental injustices. SHV’s program tackles barriers to renewable energy and clean transportation, and expanding the environmental justice benefits so that communities not only have access to technologies, but to investment and ownership opportunities.
Planning the shift to 100% renewable energy. We have helped Marbletown to craft the first action plan for the transition to 100% renewable energy for homes, businesses, transportation and industry. Our goal is to help at least six more communities to create their action plans and begin implementation.
Community involvement: We are building a bridge between communities, state resources and private funding sources so that clean energy and climate benefits are community controlled and local business opportunities and jobs are developed.
- hiring a Climate Justice Fellow under NYSERDA’s newly announced funding program
- community conversations on community priorities for using the financial resources available through the Climate Act
Clean Energy marketplace
- We publish and distribute the annual Clean Power Guide with Chronogram Media
- We offer a group purchase discount program to make renewable energy more affordable
- We work with car dealerships to secure low-cost lease options and used electric vehicles to improve access
- We’re reaching out to local businesses to install public EV charging to eliminate ”charging deserts”
- And we’re helping job-seekers and entrepreneurs learn about opportunities in the ‘greening of everything”